Embed pdf viewer in firefox (29+) using mozplugger
One can preview pdfs in firefox using the built in firefox-pdfjs tool. In my use case I'd rather use evince to see a more 'real' rendering of the pdf. How do I get this to work? I installed mozplugger, but still no luck - embedded pdfs in webpages either don't show at all, or open an external viewer.
- Install mozplugger
- Copy /etc/mozpluggerrc to ~/.mozplugger/mozpluggerrc
- Modfiy mozpluggerrc to your liking. In my case this means it has a section for pdfs and postscript looking like this:
application/pdf:pdf:PDF file application/x-pdf:pdf:PDF file text/pdf:pdf:PDF file text/x-pdf:pdf:PDF file application/x-postscript:ps:PostScript file application/postscript:ps:PostScript file repeat noisy swallow(evince) fill: evince "$file"
- Make sure you have the right settings in firefox 'about:config':
- Change pdfjs.disabled's value to true;
- Change plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_types's value to an empty value.
- Restart firefox