12 December 2011
The cover feels like a tank, and weighs as much as the reader itself. But its super sticky, which means you can use it actually quite nice as a stopper mat to lean the reader against e.g. the seat in front of you in the train.
Annotation of pdfs is a very mixed issue:
- Highlighting works only sometimes, but then its nicely displayed in the table of content, and good in the export
- Pen scribbles work quite fine, but is rather unusable in the table of content, and require extra work on the export
- screenshots are reliable, but don't show much context in the export. They work fine in the toc.
Jumping between pages shows the last opened pages. Actually very useful for e.g. main text and endnotes
The browser doesn't have a decent zoom level menu. Well, there is one, but its really hard to use with the pen.
The sshd client on the pocketbook is really useful - it allows content transfer without closing all apps and books.
There isn't a generic folder based explorer, or I need to check how to start it in a useful way
One needs to use briss for next to all pdfs. Zooming in doesn't really work that well.
The column mode for multi column pdfs is actually quite nice.
Selecting a proper font for the epubs is a huge improvement.
The keyboard/address bar integration in the browser worked quite fine up to firmware 2.1.2 rc2. After that it just sucks, imho. Would be great if they reverted back, but that current state is next to unusable.
13 December 2011
- The search in djvu is fast
- The search in pdfs is unusable slow
- Display of djvus is somewhat to light / grey instead of dark black. I hope that this is just a software issue